How to create connections between Products and their Bill of Materials (BOM)
After a successful setup of Product Parts or Raw Materials product types ATUM allows you to create a connection between WC products and BOM.
Here is a step by step tutorial:
- Go to an existing product you want to edit, or add a new one.
- In the Product Data section select the Bill of Materials tab.
- To add a Raw Material, start typing its name (min 3 letters) into the Raw Materials search field. Select the BOM you need.
- Select the number of units required to use from the stock of raw material to make one product.
The Purchase price will update each time you edit the relevant Raw Material purchase price within its product data section.
- Adding a product part is the same.
- Click Publish.
Now you can view the Total BOM Cost.
If you enable the Sync Purchase Price option, the purchase price of this product will be calculated automatically as the summary of all BOM connected.